The Adirondack Runners 8 Mile Hudson River Ramble Race Committee and The Adirondack Runners have decided for the safety of our racers to change the race to a virtual event. Racers run 8M in honor of our charities. These races can be run anywhere while you are following safe social distancing rules.
Where will your entry fees and donations go?
This year the Hudson River Ramble 8M Committee will donate all entry fees and donations to the Johnsburg Dollars for Scholars program. The entry fee is $10 and any other donations you can afford will be greatly appreciated. The mission of the Johnsburg Dollars for Scholars is:
The Johnsburg Dollars for Scholars is located in North Creek, NY. Their mission is: TO PROVIDE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR GRADUATING SENIORS WHO COMPLETE THE CERTAIN REQUIREMENTS AND AN APPLICATION. OUR ORGANIZATION HAS BEEN SUPPORTING GRADUATES FOR OVER 25 YEARS.
Learn more at www.scholarshipamerica.org and search Johnsburg Dollars for Scholars
About the Event.
With the COVID 19 crisis, Virtual races have given us a much-needed outlet for our athletic activities. Most importantly, we want you to get out and enjoy a run/walk and contribute in a healthy way. Sign up, Run/walk, submit your time, accept our thanks for your support.
There is no official course. If you know the 8M Hudson River Ramble course and can run that course, great. If not, go to your favorite loop and run/walk for the distance you have signed up for. You must sign up before you run/walk and you should run/walk between July 25th and August 1.
SWAG: We are offering runners swag from last year’s ace as a thank you for participating in our race. Please choose either a hat or a t-shirt (limited sizes S-XL). Each runner will also receive a flashlight keychain with our logo. Hats, shirts, and keychains can also be purchased as supplies last. Shirts and hats for $5 each and keychains $3 each. Proceeds from these sales will go into The Adirondack Runners Scholarship Fund. These items will be mailed to you after the event.
How does it work? 3 Easy Steps:
- Register any time before July 23rd. 100% of your entry fee will go directly to the charities above. You will be charged the credit card fee processing fee for the registration site.
- Run/Walk the course outlined below any time between July 25th and August 1st at Midnight. Note: All current local municipality Stay at Home orders allow us to run outdoors (observing Social Distancing guidelines).
- Submit your Time. Use the IYR Virtual App on your phone or Time your race on your own (with a watch, GPS or an app like MapMyRun or Strava) and then follow the directions below to enter your time. We are on an honor system here as this is a charity race.
- The final results will be posted on Monday, August 3rd.
How to Record & Upload Your Run Results with the IYR Results App
1. Download the IYR Virtual App to your phone from the App store Both Apple and Android devices will work.
2. Login using the email address you registered with
3. Search for this event
4. Go to "Tracker" and click "Ready to Start My Race"
5. Run or Walk the distance you signed up for and the app will automatically upload your results (as long as your login email matches your registration email)
6. Check your results
How to Manually upload your results: